Join our team! If you would like to apply for either of the positions or would like more information please contact Ken Sorrell.
Assistant’s Role: Provide administrative, logistical, and ministry support to the pastoral staff, assisting in the smooth and efficient operation of the church’s mission, ministry, and business endeavors.
Hours: This is a 30 hour per week position.
Responsibilities: Will include assisting the pastoral staff, providing oversight with church wide communication, serve as a project manager and liaison, gather and maintain information, oversee logistical needs, and serve as bookkeeper for the church’s finances.
We are looking for that person who is both creative in their thinking and detailed in their work. If you know of anyone who might be interested in discussing this job opportunity with us, or would like to see the complete job description, please email Ken Sorrell.
Director of Sending
Movement Church was planted with a core objective of leading people to Christ, discipling believers for the sake of sending them out to make more disciples and start new, reproducing gatherings both in Richmond and around the world. The Pastor of Sending will embrace the heart and intent of sending by developing and leading an intentional process to equip, engage and send out Movement partners into mission.
● Develop (a team) and lead a sending process to equip, engage and send every Movement partner:
● Equipping plan to help every member grow in mission knowledge and competency
■ Growth in Gospel “Fluency”
● Engagement strategy to help every member play a role in local and global missions
● Specific pipelines for Movement Church partners, Church planter apprentices, Church planting team members
● Partner with the pastor of discipleship to appropriately integrate mission equipping and communications within existing or emerging discipleship channels and processes.
● In partnership with the elders, clarify, codify and champion Movement’s mission philosophy and strategy
● Draft and champion a mission guidebook which will be utilized in the development of pipelines, the selection of opportunities and in the determination of our effectiveness.
● Identify or develop activities and opportunities for mission engagement that aligns with movement’s theology and mission to see reproducing gatherings locally and globally.
● Maintain focus of mission activities that lead to effective and long-term health and impact while meeting both spiritual and physical needs.
● Shepherd and nurture global partnerships and activities through those sent out.
● Manage and maintain local partnerships, projects and activities guided by formulated mission philosophy and strategy
The ideal candidate:
● Loves Jesus and has a passion to see others from all nations, following after Him
● Has a deep understanding of the Gospel and regularly shares with others
● Aligns with Movement statement of beliefs.
● Has extensive mission experience either in local church planting or cross-cultural international disciple making.
● Displays an ability to develop creative solutions
● Good communicator
● Desires to invest in others who also invest in others
● Is a critical thinker, ability to learn context and lead based on insights and objectives.
● Aspires to be a student of missiology
● Experienced in recruiting and leading a team of mission leaders who are teaching, modeling and leading out in mission activities.
● Enjoys teaming with other passionate church leaders.
If you would like to apply or know more about this position please contact Ken Sorrell.